Sunday, June 26, 2011

Birthday Girl

It's been several weeks since I have lifted a marker or made anything in my craft room, but sweet Aunt Cathy's birthday was the perfect excuse for some Sunday morning crafting. I reached for a perfect MFT stamp that a friend gifted me with awhile back- I love this image and it is simply perfect for her birthday card. I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics- if you look closely you can see how out of practice I am-lol!


I defied my cardinal rule, which is to pick paper before coloring, so I had to seriously dig through my stash to make something work- I ended up with a combination of papers from Sassafras Lass and MME. I stitched around the edges with the very last of my heavy duty thread- this may be the last thing I will be stitching on before we move next month! I kept the rest pretty simple with a punched greeting and some rhinestones for glitz.


The inside was finished with matching DP and a heart-felt "Happy Birthday"- we won't disclose any dates or ages, but simply wish Aunt Cathy a wonderful day!

Hope you're having a relaxing weekend- we're off to a goodbye party at a friend's house and hope that that we get a buyer at the open house today:)))

 





Supplies:
Stamps: MFT- a la modes: Birthday Girl
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, MME-"Fine & Dandy-Tickled Pink", Sassafras Lass "Sunshine Lollipops"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: SU: Circle punch, Designer Label Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Rhinestones, dimensionals; Janome sewing machine, Coats Heavy duty thread

No comments:

Post a Comment