Sunday, December 11, 2011

Beautiful Season...

The days are dwindling fast toward Christmas and I am definitely WAY behind! I extracted my Christmas decorations and outdoor lights from our storage unit (may need a chiropractor after this episode!) and decorated all the bushes in front of the rental house we are in. I would be SO much more enthusiastic if I were decorating my own house, but my kids expect Mrs. Santa to make wherever we are "festive"!



I tend to be more of the Santa Claus, snowman and jingle bells kind of Christmas card maker, but this set, Beautiful Season, from Stampin' Up really appealed to me when I saw it. The main image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, heat set then colored with Copic markers. An embossed rectangle border was created with a Nestability rectangle die using a Sizzix Big Shot. I left the die in place and sponged the background with Sahara Sand ink. A little leftover paper from Basic Grey Figgy Pudding, a double bow using Artichoke Seam Binding ribbon and some antique brads finish off this CAS card.


The inside was finished with a repeat of the patterned paper, seam binding ribbon and a die cut greeting from the set. This was so fast and pretty- I will definitely make several of these to mail out to friends and family!

Today is the day to tackle the tree- we'll see who wins:))

 




Supplies:
Stamps: Beautiful Season
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sahara Sand
Paper: Figgy Pudding, Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot, Nestabilty dies, antique brass brads, Artichoke Seam binding ribbon, dimensionals, sponge

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors and detail. And the coloring...my nemesis, but I'm practicing! Just miss your tutelage during my card making, especially the "coloring". ANd really like the inside details you've been adding. It really adds a sophisticated panache to the card.

    ReplyDelete