Thursday, October 1, 2009

Some Love to Keep Me Warm...

Happy Thursday! I am finally off of my rotation in the NICU taking care of patients and back to my job of research, mommy and regular life. Who knew that 2 weeks could feel so long?! I am just beginning to dig into the pile of email, obligations and snail mail that I have put off, but wanted to share a card I made earlier this week for an upcoming class tomorrow night.

When I first saw the group of In Colors from Stampin' Up this year, I was having trouble envisioning my Christmas cards using any of these colors. Enter this cute stamp set called "Cold & Cuddly" from the Holiday Mini catalog and viola' my inspiration for these alternate colors for Christmas returns!


This set has lots of little elements and three cute little patterned critters, which are great for less formal cards, tags and gift/treat bags. I started with my favorite square layout, a few Snow Flurries in the background and some of the Holiday Lounge Designer Series paper- it's very retro and funky! I stamped the iceberg in Soft Suede ink, then stamped the polar bear in Bermuda Bay on a separate piece of cardstock, cut him out and layered him on top of the iceberg. I used my Sizzix machine and some nesting dies to set the scene.


I gave him a fishing pole and a hat, clipping around his ear to make his hat sit on his head better (guys with ears that stick out have trouble with hats- it's an issue around this house!). A little of the new Bermuda Bay dotted ribbon, a simple greeting and it's done! Cute, fast and a great alternate to red and green.

Thanks for stopping by- don't forget to subscribe your email address if you wish to get regular updates!

Have a great day~

Heidi

Supplies:
Paper: Sahara Sand, Bermuda Bay, Rose Red, Whisper White, Holiday Lounge
Ink:
Sahara Sand, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede
Accessories: Bermuda Bay dotted grosgrain ribbon, Sizzix machine, nesting dies, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment