Monday, August 2, 2010

Camp mail...

Just a quick post to share a card I made this morning to go into my daughter's box that I am mailing off to camp for her. She was a bit more nervous than I expected at the outset of her journey to the Cape for summer camp, but hopefully she is adjusting well now that she is there. I think the biggest shock for her will be the water temperature on the north shore of the Cape compared to Texas waters-yikes!


This Stampin' Up set "Under the Stars" is perfect for sending camp cards! I started with a piece of Soft Sky card stock (retired color) and added some grass cut using a Sizzix die out of Garden Green card stock. After the grass was adhered, I ran the piece through my Sizzix again using a nested die to create the background. My bear was stamped in Memento Rick Cocoa, colored with alcohol markers and popped up on dimensional dots. I added a can of the "Skeeter spray",  mosquito and cloud to complete the scene. Patterned papers from Cosmo Cricket's "Earth Love" seemed perfect for my little bear, and some twill and a cute little grrreeting (hahah) finish it off.

The inside was finished off simply so there is plenty of space for everyone in the family to write her a note! I'm off to pack a few more goodies into her box and get this in the mail so she'll have it by the end of the week (great mother's would have sent a box out last week for her to have at the beginning of the session, but I'm not that good!).

Have a great Monday!

 




Supplies:
Stamps: Under the Stars
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Soft Sky, Garden Green, Cosmo Cricket "Earth Love"
Ink: Garden Green, Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: 1-3/8" circle punch, Scallop circle punch, hemp twine, Sizzix dies: cloud, grass, Sizzix Big Shot, Crop-a-dile

No comments:

Post a Comment