Monday, November 29, 2010

Joyful Season...

I can't believe it's Monday already- I am sooo not ready to go back to work and start what I know is going to be an insane week. I have a grant to write (which I have not yet started...), hubby is on the inpatient service at the hospital and we have a 3-day finals swim meet over the weekend- I'm tired already! Such is life, I'm sure for everyone at this time of year~

I was playing around with some stamps I recently bought from Verve and trying to get the hang of getting well inked images with clear polymer stamps (there were several versions in my recycle pile-lol!). I made the card base from Old Olive, Whisper White and some Bazill red card stock that came with a kit years ago. I stitched a piece of patterned paper from Basic Grey's Blitzen collection to the top layer and added a piece of the red stripe across the card with an eyelet border peeking from underneath.

The tag was inked with Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist markers, stamped on WW card stock then cut out with their matching die. The word "Joy" was stamped along the top and the whole tag was layered onto a hand cut piece of red card stock, then tied with a green taffeta ribbon from last year's SU Holiday mini. The snowflakes were stamped in Marina Mist, cut out by hand and attached with brads- the big brad has a snowflake image and is part of the SU Antique Brads set- so perfect for this card!

The inside was finished with snowflakes down the left border, a greeting from this set and a strip of paper to match the outside. I didn't want to add any more embellishments to the inside because I want to get this into the mail without any extra postage:)

Hope you enjoyed my card today- have a great one!






Supplies:
Stamps: Glad Tidings (Verve)
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, Bazill red, Basic Grey "Blitzen"
Ink: Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: SU- Scallop Trim border punch, Antique Brads, silver brads, green taffeta ribbon, dimensionals; Sweet Scallop die- Verve; sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment