Monday, January 10, 2011

Flurries of love...

Good morning everyone! It's a dreary, chilly morning here in Houston and it was like moving earth and planets to get my kids out of their snug beds and motivated for school today . My poor hubby flew to Atlanta last night and landed in the middle of a snow and ice storm- not pretty! He said there was some very creative driving by people unaccustomed to snow on his 2-hour drive from the airport to the hotel-crazy! We're hoping it all gets cleaned up by tomorrow to get him back home safely!

Although the snow may be messy and unwelcome in some places, I love it on my cards:) I am still making "winter greetings"/holiday thank you cards and this little snowlady caught my fancy.

The image is another illustration from Zlatoena- I absolutely love her snow people! I printed the snowlady onto Whisper White card stock and colored her with Copic markers and Spica glitter pens for the red dots and the snow- so sparkly IRL! The ink in my Canon printer behaves like pigment ink and doesn't run or smear when coloring with either watercolors or alcohol markers, which make it perfect for printing digi stamps. The rest of the card came together with scraps from other projects and some sparkly red ribbon and rhinestones- a girl's gotta have bling:)

The inside has a computer generated greeting and some more of the patterned paper and sparkly ribbon. A simple, quick card but one that will brighten my AIL's (aunt in-law) day.

Hope you're having a good day~






Supplies:
Stamps: Snowman with ribbon (Zlatoena)-digital stamp
Paper: Real Red, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Candy Cane Christmas (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot die cut machine, Dotted embossing folder, Metallic Velvet ribbon, rhinestones, Copic markers, Spica glitter pens

No comments:

Post a Comment