Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Another Gray Hare


This is going to be a year of big birthdays in our family including a sweet 16 for my sweet girl, an 85th for my mother, a 55th for hubby, a 90th for my FIL and the 21st anniversary of my 29th birthday;-)). The first in this pack of milestone birthdays was my brother who turned 60 last week! 

Despite a 10 year age difference, my brother has always been very close to me and this has only gotten stronger as we have aged matured. We talk almost every day and often text back and forth during the day.  So this birthday boy deserved a super-duper card from his crafty sister for this special day.


I started with a digital image called 'Rascally Rabbit' from a company called Squigglefly, which I was sad to hear had just closed after many years. I love this silly rabbit- just the light-hearted, goofy look I was going for!


Guy cards are always a challenge for me both in layout and colors. A pack of Designer Paper (DP) in my stash called Confetti Celebration seemed perfect with geometric shapes and mostly manly colors- a splash of bright pink doesn't hurt any guy! I am definitely rusty after not making anything for over a year, so you can clearly see that my coloring skills are still covered with dust and cobwebs-lol!



I love finishing the insides of my cards- somehow a blank white page seems so naked and uninteresting. There's not much room to write on this one, but he knows how much we adore him so a short message was OK this time!

Hope your week is off to a good start!


 




Supplies: 
Stamp: Digital image from Rascally Rabbit from Squigglefly
Paper: Confetti Celebration DP, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Island Indigo
Ink: Blendabilities
Accessories:Folder Arrows Embossing folder, Candy Dots-Regals, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine what you went through with your surgery and not stamping for a year! I think you made an incredible card after not stamping for a year! Such an appropriate card for him turning 60 too! Glad to see you are back and doing some stamping again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH BOY!!! Another card...and hopefully she's back! Hmm...that has double meaning, doesn't it! Hope you're back to stamping and that your back is better sooner than later! Darling card! Now I have some ideas for masculine cards for my group for Father's Day...thanks Heidi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO! She can't be 16 already! She was just in my wedding yesterday! Please tell the whole family hi from me! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete