Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tea-rrific

Thanks to everyone for all the sweet emails and notes to see if I'm still alive and well! With so much upheaval at work, I haven't been motivated to craft (serious derangement for me!). I finally got some Mojo back the other night because I needed two special thank you notes for colleagues who helped with my daughter's exhibition project for school and had nothing appropriate in my stash (hard to believe actually!).

I have been trying to use some of the paper stash I have been hoarding over the years, so I broke out a pretty pack from SEI called "Juliette" for this card. I wanted some delicate colors for this tea themed card so this fit the bill perfectly.

I layered the small polka dot print and the striped piece onto a whisper white background and tied a bow with some ribbon I had in my collection that matched perfectly- this is probably not a surprise for those of you who have seen my ribbon, um, "collection" (i.e. addiction). This was layered onto a Basic Gray card base- I really like the combo of peachy tones and gray.

The teapot was stamped on patterned paper and cut out, with the bird paper pieced from the peach solid paper. I colored the leave with markers because the leaves were too small to cut out without my glasses! The image background was stamped using a set from Waltzing Mouse, which works perfectly with nested dies. I stamped one on white and the other on the solid peach, then punched a white circle for the middle- this layered approach gives it more visual interest. The greeting was computer generated and punched out with the Modern Label punch.

The inside of the card was finished with a strip of the patterned paper punched with a scallop edge punch- it looks a bit like an awning at a cafe to me! I stamped another teapot using some Cameo Coral ink and left room for the girls to write a small thank you note.

I'm going to pack up some nice tea and a Starbucks gift card inside a mug as a thank you for their time and patience-LOL! Make someone's day today and tell them they're tea-rrific!






Supplies:
Stamps: Unity KOM, Waltzing Mouse Very Vintage labels
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, SEI Juliette
Ink: Cameo Coral, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: ribbon, Moden Label punch, 1-3/4" circle punch, Sizzix machine, Nestability dies

No comments:

Post a Comment