Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm a "real" girl!

I finally got back into my craft room after 3 days away for a work meeting and, boy, was I glad to be home! I had so much fun making my Pure Innocence Dig girl card that I decided to make a "real" one for comparison.

Things I learned from this experience: 1) in the digi world, I can make my scalloped oval frame any size I want- not so much with my Nestie dies 2) digital stitching is always straight and 3) I never run out of digi buttons in the shade I want!


I started this card with the same Riding Hood Red 5-3/4" square card base (are you as totally stoked as I am that RHR is coming back as a standard color?!!). I printed my own Brocade Blue paper from my digi stock (OK, so that means this card is technically a hybrid card...") and layered it with some Sweet Pea Chocolate Chip dotted paper over a Whisper White square. I punched a white strip and added some Kiwi satin ribbon I have been hoarding in the middle.

Since I ran out of "real" Kiwi buttons, I had to use Chocolate ones and had to modify my Riding Hood Red die cut background since the scalloped oval wasn't big enough IRL! I did color my image with real alcohol markers- I love the way her boots came out- I want a pair! The greeting was printed on the computer, punched with the Designer Label Punch and mounted with a Hodge Podge hardware piece.

Leave me a comment and vote for the version you like best- digi or real!

Have a great day~

2 comments:

  1. Definitely the "real" one. I like the digi one but this one has more "character" to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, tough question. I love the colors of the real card, but I agree with you on the scalloped oval of the digi, I like it's shape better. And I like the green buttons better. But overall the real card is better, but isn't it great you can still do your creative cards when you are on the road now...just not at home!
    :)JB

    ReplyDelete