Saturday, April 17, 2010

Digi girl...

I have had such a busy week (on call at the hospital, trip to San Diego, meetings, etc) that I haven't been anywhere near my craft room. Since I can't play with paper and ribbon for real, I decided to play with some "digital" card making. I have a bunch of digital stamps and tons of digital paper on my computer which makes access to my "supplies" really easy, especially from the airport lounge!

Stampin' Up's "My Digital Studio" is loaded with tons of digital elements-patterned paper, ribbon, buttons in all of their colors so it makes it really easy to create something all digi or a hybrid project. I use their elements in Photoshop only because I have already invested so much time learning the software for work- My Digitial Studio is great for first time digital creators, though, because of it's user-friendly interface.


I started this card with a Riding Hood Red 5-3/4" base, added a layer of Whisper White, then layers of Brocade Blue striped DP and Brown Dots from the Sweet Pea collection. I added digital stitching around the edge and a "punched" white border under the ribbon and bow. I "colored" the image by selecting areas and filling them with color from the SU color palette I have loaded into Photoshop- this insures that everything is the true to color throughout the card!

I "cut" out the image and the red scalloped oval using digital cropping shapes, then added shadows and edges to make them look embossed and layered- it's amazing what these special effects can do to make a these digital elements look like they have depth! Lastly, I added some buttons and a greeting layered inside a Hodge Podge hardware oval.

I love how this turned out that I will definitely be making a "real" version when I get home to my craft room!

Have a great weekend~

1 comment: