Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hey Chick!

It's Tuesday and I am finally getting around to posting my card fro last Friday's Limited Supplies Challenge which was to make a quilt- better late than never! I am not a real quilter, so I needed to stick to a simple squares "quilt" for my card. I had lined up all my squares and was just about to stitch them down when we lost power in a thunderstorm! After that, the weekend flew by with my Girl Scout troop's Bronze Award project and I didn't get back to finish it until last night- isn't that just the way weekends go?!

I dug through my scraps box and found pieces of some favorite old papers with just enough left to make all the squares. I used just a bit of re-positionable adhesive in the middle of each square to line them up, then stitched over the edges. You need to make sure that your adhesive isn't near your stitching lines because BAD things happen to your needle and machine if you do!

I used one of my digital Pure Innocence images from Heather Ellis, colored her with markers, then paper pieced her dress. I used one of my new nested die shapes to cut the Not Quite Navy background piece and tied some pretty white satin ribbon in a bow. I also found this greeting already made in my scraps pile, so it seemed perfect for this card! While I was in that area of my craft table, I found some jars of old Prima flowers and decided to use one of those as well. It's so good to go through your scrap pile and supplies once in awhile- it's amazing what you'll find and be inspired by!

I am on my way to the hospital to be on call- hope we all have a peaceful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment