Sunday, June 20, 2010

Beach Day!

Where have my posts been for the past few days, you may ask? My card has the answer- beach day! I have been trying so desperately to finish this card that I started last Monday for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge, but couldn't seem to get the last details right. I have ripped this card apart so many times and still am not completely satisfied with it, but it's done! I finished it just before we left for a 3 day USA swim meet in Corpus Christi, TX, hence the beach theme.

After driving 8 hours round trip and sitting on metal bleachers for 6 hours each day, only to watch my oldest child swim like ****, I was glad that we had a little beach time and some fresh seafood as solace! We went swimming and sunning at the Mustang Island National Seashore Saturday afternoon and I got some good beach pictures to scrapbook (someday...).  I told my kiddos that they couldn't go back to swimming until I got my requisite number of photos, so smile darn it! The water was so warm it was like a bathtub- such a shock after summers on the Jersey shore when 70 degree water is considered "warm"-lol!

 OK, enough digression- onto my beach card. I started with the Mojo Monday sketch, which looked really easy in theory, but was actually hard for me in the end- maybe it was my stamp choice. I found my cute flip flop stamp set and was already in beach mode and was trying to make this patterned paper work with it. I stmaped the flips in Rich Cocoa and colored the straps with Copics, adding lime colored rhinestones for a sparkly accent. I tried a variety of ribbons for the top and settled on ric rac (my go to favorite) for a bit of whimsy. I cut the strips of Tangerine patterned paper by hand and added buttons to give them some interest.


The greeting was the hardest part for me and I finally just went with a beachy greeting so the card could be used as a cheer up card or a beach invitation card. The greeting was layered onto a shape die cut from Tangerine Tango and Chocolate Chip. In the end, it's still not what I envisioned, but tomorrow is Monday and there will be a new Mojo Monday sketch!

Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment