Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sew Cute...

It was a very early morning in our house today (awoke at 3:30am to make sure we didn't sleep past the 5:00am alarm clock-ugh!) as today was the day we took our 11 year old daughter to the airport for a solo trip to Boston. She is on her way to Girl Scout camp on Cape Cod for a two week sailing program- lucky girl! I wanted to figure out a way to be the camp doctor for the summer-lol!

I am going to try to be a good mother and mail her a card each day so she has something at mail call- she's not a homesick type of kid, but it's nice to have something in your box! I've been working my way through this "Material Girl" paper pack by Cosmo Cricket and playing with the images from the coordinating stamp set. My daughter will get a kick out of this card because she's learning to sew and has just begun to master using the guide to stay straight.

I stamped the girl in Memento Rich Cocoa and colored her with Copics. Her dress was stamped on a scrap of the flowered paper, cut out and paper pieced over her body. The stamp set comes with 4 paper doll type dresses, so you can change them out- have to think making a girl with changeable dresses for the next card! I used SU's Riding Hood Red and Vanilla card stock to coordinate with the patterned paper (love how the RHR matches so many papers!) and added some lace trim and a button tied bow as accents.


I left plenty of space on the inside so the whole family can write their own notes and added a strip of the patterned paper and lace trim to finish it off.

I am seriously thinking about a nap but am feeling guilted by the beautiful day outside (albeit 90+ degrees)- have to ponder that one while I get this card off to my little sailor!

Have a relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment