Monday, July 12, 2010

Sew Sweet..

Happy Monday Everyone! When I first woke up this morning I was so convinced that it was Sunday-  until I heard my husband taking my daughter out to early (6am) swim team practice and had the awful realization that it was Monday. Needless to say, the day didn't really improve from there-lol!

I have been trying to be better about completing some sketch challenges that I subscribe to, as this gives me a good jumping off point- just add paper and stamps and you're on your way. This week's "sketch for you to try" (SFYTT) from the I heart 2 stamp blog seemed like a good one. If you haven't checked out the site, click on the sketch and browse through their sketch challenges! It's also cool to see how people used the sketch, turned it sideways or expanded the size to a square, as I did.


Now that I had a sketch, onto paper and stamp set. I was organizing my 6x6 patterned paper yesterday and I came across a pack of Cosmo Cricket paper I bought recently called "Material Girl". I have gotten back into sewing recently and loved the thread and pattern themes on this paper. This paper was a double bonus because Unity Stamps has a stamp set made in conjunction with Cosmo Cricket to match with it {and I just happen to have it :)}.

Because this is a sewing themed card, I stched the background layers together with a straight stitch and the gingham contrast piece with a zigzag. The girl was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, colored with Copics and mounted on a large scallop die cut from the same Cajun Craze as the card base. I used Cherry Cobbler for the greeting to be a bit richer in color and added the buttons from my stash to finish it off.



The inside was finished with a piece of gingham paper punched with a large scallop edge punch and a left-over strip of the flowered paper. The greeting, from the "Thank You Kindly" set, was stamped in Cherry Cobbler.

Hope you've had a good start to your week!





Supplies:
Stamps: Material Girl- Unity Stamps, Thank You Kindly- Stampin' Up
Paper: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Marina Mist: Stampin' Up, "Material Girl"-Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Cherry Cobbler-SU
Accessories: buttons, hemp twine, sewing machine, Sizzix Big Shot die cut machine, Nestabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment