Saturday, August 7, 2010

Have a windy day!

Happy Saturday Everyone! Boy was I glad to roll over and "sleep in" until 7:30am this morning, leisurely drink my coffee, then do some shopping at the Galleria (a place so fabulous that it cannot be referred to as a "mall"!).

We heard from our daughter Emily by snail mail and she appears to be having a very good time, has a "BFF" for a tentmate (yay!) and loves the water and wind- all good news! I have slacked a little in my quest to mail a card every day so last night I sat down with my glass of wine, or two:), and made this card.

I have to confess up front that there was no stamping involved in this card- shockers, I know! I found this cute border in the Cosmo Cricket "Mr. Campy" pack, which was perfect because her camp is on a huge lake in the middle of the Cape. The card started with an Early Espresso 3.5"x 6.5"base, onto which I layered Very Vanilla and the plaid patterned paper from the "Mr. Campy" set. I hand drw the sail boat with a Copic multiliner pen, colored in the boat, and cut out some of the patterned paper for a spinaker sail. The final touch is the sail numbers which is her birthday!

I used Photoshop to create a custom greeting using SU colors in my color palette and a SU font. S imple little border of the patterned paper finishes it off.

Hope you're having a great weekend- I am off the pack for our trip to the Cape. I can't wait for cooler weather, the beach and great New England food!

1 comment:

  1. Totally love your card. Great design - your daughter will be so happy to get it. New England = lobster!! Yummmm.

    ReplyDelete