Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thank you swap...

One of the things I love about going to scrapbook camps and stamp events is that people often bring pages and cards to swap with each other- kind of like SWAPs at Girl Scout camp! I received this as a card front (flat like a postcard) at a Stampin' Up Regional conference several years back. It had lain in a drawer since then until I was on a cleaning binge a few weeks back (looking at my craft room right now would make it hard to imagine that such a cleaning binge ever happened-lol!).

I decided to use this card front to make a whole card so I could send it out (and hence get it out of my craft room!). It definitely needed a bit of sprucing up to look like one of my cards so I used a scallop edge punch and some buttons to add interest to the bottom edge and fill in the blank spaee on the bottom left. I mounted the card front to a Whisper White card, then to a flat 5-5/8x 4-3/8" Chocolate Chip piece to give it a bit more heft and still get it into a standard size envelope!

All in all, a quick fix for a card front I would have gotten rid of- it's kind of like the show "Trash to Treasure"- a few additions and modifications and it's ready to go out!

Thanks for stopping by- hopefully another card tomorrow for the little camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment