Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hey Chick!

Good morning! What a bright, sunny day here in Houston (aka a total crime to be inside at work:)'. The storm that blew through yesterday took all the humidity and clouds with it so we have some nice spring weather for a bit longer before the heat and yuck sets in. Have to figure out a way to sneak some moments outside in the middle of my work day to enjoy it!


I have another card to share made with a stamp designed by Janet Kline that I won from Stampotique and the Catered Crop. In addition to her flower girls, she has some other super whimsical images, including this funky bird. I colored several versions of him before I settled on the yellow, black and red which just happened to fit with this week's Color Throwdown challenge- don't you love when that happens?!


 I used simple layers of paper from SU's "Love Letters" collection, paired with Basic Black and Kraft card stock. The image had a bit too much white space for my taste, so I hand drew some lines with squiggles since I didn't feel like changing the thread in my sewing machine to black;)' A computer generated greeting, some brads and pearls and black stitched grosgrain ribbon finish it off.


I repeated the patterned paper on the inside but left it blank so I can commit to a greeting later- I want to keep my options open on who I send this to and when-lol!

That's it for today- hope your day is going well!

 




Supplies:
Stamps: "Bird Legs"- Stampotique
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, "Love Letters"-SU
Accessories: SU: Black pearls, silver brads, dimensionals, Modern Label Punch; stitched grosgrain ribbon, Copic markers, Copic multiliner pen

No comments:

Post a Comment