Monday, April 4, 2011

You grow girl!

Morning everyone! Hard to believe it's Monday already- what a fast weekend. We had a pretty relaxing couple of days in our house (probably the last one for awhile with swim meets restarting, etc)- playdates, friends over for dinner and a crafting date with one of my buds- lots of fun! It was a rough one getting out of bed this morning, though- I was looking for one more snooze button cycle-lol!


OK, onto the card to share with you today. In February I won the weekly challenge over at Catered Crop for my Happy Heart Day card and won a $30 gift certificate to Stampotique-yay, more stamps! Their site has stamps from a variety of artists, but I really fell in love with these flower girls by Janet Klein and picked up several super cute stamps.


I started with my favorite, called "Grow Girl" and matched her to papers with colors that remind me of the sunflowers growing in the fields in Provence. After working primarily with digi images over the past few weeks, it felt really funny to actually stamp again (took a few takes to get it perfect, too-lol!). I stitched around the edges, but kept the layers pretty simple so the focus would be on my little sunflower girl. Some brown taffeta grosgrain ribbon and a yellow twine-tied button balance out the large image.

I used some of the patterned papers on the inside, but left it blank so I can stamp a greeting later when I decide what to use it for (if I actually mail it:)

That's it for today- hope your week is off to a good start!

 




Supplies:
Stamps: "Grow Girl" Stampotique
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, K&Co "Wild Saffron"
Accessories: SU: Corner rounder punch, bronze brads, dimensionals, Big designer buttons, hemp twine; scallop edge punch, brown taffeta grosgrain ribbon, Copic markers

No comments:

Post a Comment