Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy {Heart} Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope your day is off to a good start with lots of chocolate and {smooches}! I got a nice wake-up call from my two little Valentine's with lots of hugs and smooches- too early for chocolate- must each them to make coffee:)'

I was up super late last night finishing all of the Valentine goodies for my son's class, and realized that Emily was going to feel a bit left out since they don't do these things in middle school. I decided to make a quick card to stick in her lunch bag to give her a {hug} from mommy at lunch.


I printed a digital image that I recently bought from Claire Keay and colored her up with Copics to match with some paper from MME called "Love Me Do". The heart dots paper is pretty busy and bold and I didn't want to distract from the main image, so I just used strips of it on the top and bottom and used a more neutral piece for the middle.

I kept the embellishments simple- a few brads, a greeting from a retired set called "Fancy Flexible Phrases" cut out with the Curly Label punch and a heart punched from red glitter paper with the Small Heart punch.


 The inside is pretty simple with strips of coordinating cardstock, more red glitter hearts and a greeting from "Teeny Tiny Wishes". For an under 10 minute card, this turned out pretty good-lol! I know she'll  smile when she sees this little cutie in her lunch bag.

Have a great day!

 




Supplies:
Stamps: "Girl and Heart"- Claire Keay, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Fancy Flexible Phrases
Paper: SU: Real Red, Whisper White, Red Glitter paper; "Love Me Do"-MME
Accessories: Copics, Curly Label Punch, Small heart punch, brads, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, my, my - that's so adorable. I love that image and the colors you used with it. Doesn't make winter look quite so dreary. I bet your daughter loved finding it. Thanks for playing along with Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun colors/papers!!! Great card! Thanks for cooking it up with the Catered Crop recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked fun card! The colors are so cheerful and your coloring is awesome. Congrats on your win over at Cater Crop! :)

    ReplyDelete