Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Scoops of love...

Brrr! It was a chilly 21 degrees this morning in Houston- definitely a bit lower than I've seen in a few years! We're supposed to get a few more days of this freeze and perhaps some sleet/snow by Friday. My kids are praying so hard for a snow day-lol!

Today I have another digi stamp card to share with you- this time from the Stamping Boutique. When I saw this sweet scoop full of hearts, I fell in love!


I printed the image on Whisper White card stock and colored it with Copics. I added some shine by overlaying the red hearts and bow with Crystal Effects glue and some glitter to the pink hearts with a Spica glitter pen- the shine is so much better IRL! After the image dried overnight (key to success- don't cheat!), it was cut out using the Labels 15 nested dies on my Sizzix machine.

The base card is a 5.75" square (my favorite size!), layered with some retired SU designer papers from the "Night & Day" and "Sending Love" collections. I pinked the edges of the white layer with the Pinking Hearts punch border punch and added some really cool black ribbon and rhinestones to temper all the red. The greeting was computer generated and punched out with the Modern Label punch.


The inside was finished with some matching DP and a computer generated greeting cut out with nested heart dies. This card will probably go to my little 8 year-old son- he deserves scoops of love!
Keep warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment