Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's all about the chemistry...

Good morning! What a beautiful day it is in Houston- a bit cool right now, but a high around 68 degrees later today and not a cloud in the sky! I'm planning to pack my Girl Scouts up for an outdoor meeting this afternoon and soak up some Vitamin D:)

The folks over at Crazy 4 Challenges have made this week's challenge super easy- make a card with hearts somewhere on it. If you haven't made any Valentine's yet, this is the time to get on it! My Valentine will be out of town, but this card will be tucked into his bag (shh!).


My husband and I are both in science and medicine so I know he will appreciate the geeky humor in the card! The background papers are from My Mind's Eye "Be Loved" collection, layered onto Bermuda Bay cardstock (a retired color from SU). The layout reminds me of a heating block, with the sqiggly paper representing heat (go with me here!).

 The flask was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. I colored over the pink hearts with a clear Spica glitter pen to make them sparkle and added Crystal Effects glue to the red heats to give them some shine. The red heart outside the flask was popped up on a foam dot to give it some dimension.


The inside was finished with matching papers and a cheeky greeting which I'm sure he'll appreciate! My son told me he didn't get the joke- I referred him to my husband for explanation:)'

I'm off to make the "Secret Valentine" lunchbox for my son's little friend at school- he picked a very nice little girl out of the hat, so I get to make something super girly and sparkly this year-yay!!


Hope you're enjoying your Sunday-

 




Supplies:
Stamps: "Chemistry"- There She Goes Stamps
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, MME-"Be Loved"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot, Nestability dies, large scallop edge punch, Copics, Spica glitter pens, Crystal Effects glue, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment