Saturday, February 12, 2011

{Love} you...

It has taken me most of the day, but I have finally cleaned up my craft room from my class last night and made up any remaining kits-whew! We had a great time, as always- what a great group I have!

This is one of the cards we made last night- at the time I put it together I wasn't sure how it would go over, but people loved it:) The set is called "Valentine Defined" and is a super cute new set from Stampin' Up in their new Occasions Mini catalog.

Since some of the other cards were a bit more involved, I decided to keep this one clean and simple in design. It's a bit hard to see in these pictures, but the red background was embossed using a hearts embossing folder, with some patterned paper from the new "Love Impression" set  to give it a perk up.

The main tree image was stamped once on the white rectangle, then another time on a scrap. The heart tree canopy was cut out and popped up on dimensionals to give it some body. The greeting was inked with markers and cut out with the large oval punch.


The inside has a little conversation heart (so cute!) stamped above the greeting and some coordinating paper at the bottom. This has already been snagged for one of my daughter's teachers and it was barely dry-lol!

Hope you're having a great weekend- we're having awesome weather here in Houston, so we're off for a family bike ride!

 




Supplies:
Stamps: Valentine Defined, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Love Impressions DP
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Sizzix machine, hearts embossing folder, large oval punch, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment