Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Recycling...

Mr. Brown has failed me this time! My big box of Valentine's goodies (which I need for my class on Friday) left Salt Lake on January 31st. It made it to Oklahoma just in time for their big snow and ice storm. There it sat for a week. Then it got to Mesquite, TX just in time for an ice storm there. Someday I hope to get my box so I can make the cards for my class this Friday night!

Since I ripped the image off the card I was going to share with you this morning (don't ask- bad coffee moment...) I decided to share two old cards that I posted on Splitcoast 3 years ago (crazy how time passes). I had just bought a few Copic markers and these were some of the first iamges I colored with them- clearly need some technique help!

 Both cards use a poppy image from Flourishes that I love- it's so pretty and fun to color! I stamped the background words on an acetate sheet which gave it a cool look.

The second card was kept super simple, with just an embossed white background and a monochromatic color scheme which make the orange poppy real stand out. I love both of these cards for their simplicity and the beautiful flower image. I definitely need to pull this stamp out again- it's a perfect for Mother's Day or adult birthday card.

Hope you're having a good day- pray that Mr. Brown shows his face soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment