Sunday, February 6, 2011

Vintage Valentine...

Good morning! It's so nice to finally have a morning that I can stay in my PJ's, drink coffee and enjoy the view of some blue sky form my craft room. I did some major cleaning in here yesterday (don't fall over dead...)- mostly to get rid of old magazines, catalogs, etc. I found some old scrapbook projects that I may tinker with today (it's amazing what you find under the piles-lol!).

I did get a few cards done for my upcoming stamp class next Friday night. If you haven't RSVP'd, please let me know if you're coming and if you can't make it, let me know if you want a kit. If you're an out-of-towner and want a kit, I can mail it cheaply in a padded mailer, so let me know:)
 

I love the vintage style of the images from Stampin' Up's "Greeting Card Kids" set and decided to go for a black and red color scheme with paper from the "Love Letter" set. I wanted to teach my class about paper piecing, so I stamped and cut her dress out of the red polka dot to overlay on the image after it was colored. This image reminds me of Emily when she was little- all chubby legs and big cheeks!


The image and the layers were cut out on my Sizzix Big Shot with a variety of dies and the greeting was punched out using the Modern Label punch. I ran a basting stitch down the middle of the black striped ribbon to give it a gathered look, which I think works well with the patterned paper. If you don't have a sewing machine, you can get a similar look with red line tape.


The inside is finished with some matching DP and a strip of black punched with the Eyelet border punch. I left it blank so people could decide on another greeting inside, or leave it blank for their own message.

Hope you're enjoying your Sunday morning!






Supplies:
Stamps: Greeting Card kids, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Love Letter DP
Ink: Staz-On Jet Black; Markers: Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight, Blush Blossom
Accessories: Eyelet border punch, Sizzix Big Shot, Modern Label punch, 1-1/4" black grosgrain ribbon, black rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment