Monday, February 7, 2011

Perk Up!

I don't know about y'all, but this morning was definitely difficult to get everyone moving, especially me lol! I appreciated the long weekend due to our "snow day", but it was all that much harder to get going today. Coffee to the rescue!!


 When I saw this set called "Morning Cup" from Stampin' Up, I knew it had my name on it! Anyone who knows me well is aware of my coffee habit:) The main image was stamped in Staz On Timber Brown and colored with reinkers and blender pens. Blender pens allow more shading than markers and give you more color options. I used some leftover paper from last year's "Sending Love" designer series paper collection on a Kraft background. I kept embellishments pretty simple with a double row of scallops and an Early Espresso satin ribbon bow. 
 

The inside is finished with my favorite line from the set- "Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!" Perfectly apropos for me as I use caffeine as a drug in my Neonatal practice and sometimes I wish I could have IV caffeine!

After my class on Friday, I'm going to mail this one off to a friend in Boston who is an even greater coffee-holic than me-I'm a rank amateur compared to her!  

Have a great day!

 
Supplies:
Stamps: Morning Cup
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, "Sending Love"
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, various reinkers
Accessories: Blender pens, Early Espresso satin ribbon, scallop edge punch, dimensionals, Sizzix Big Shot, nested dies



No comments:

Post a Comment