Thursday, December 5, 2013

Let It Snow!

No matter how many Christmas/winter stamps I have, somehow I can't resist buying new stamp sets and images each year! People who know me well are aware of my snowman fetish- I just love them! I recently purchased some digital stamps from one of my favorite artists, Birdie Brown, and was lucky I did because she has just closed her Etsy shop for good:-((( Her images are so whimsical and cute- I am going to miss her creativity on the stamping scene!


I resized the image in Photoshop and printed it on Whisper White cardstock from SU. I give it a few minutes to set the ink or give it a quick heat dry before coloring with Copics so the ink doesn't bleed. Ice Stickles gives the snowflakes and lighter green band on the trees a little sparkle. I dug through my crazy ribbon collection (scary fetish!) and found some red fluffy balls which give the card some whimsy, but make it a hand-delivered card only because of thickness.


The inside was finished with some coordinating patterned paper and a sentiment from the "Tags 4 You" set from the SU Holiday catalog.

Torico (Birdie Brown) we will miss your creativity and wonderful images- here's to you!







Supplies:
Stamps: "Let it Snow" (Birdie Brown), Tags 4 You (SU)
Ink: Real Red, Copic markers
Paper: Basic Grey "Dasher", Real Red, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Accessories: Button, pom-pom trim, jingle bell, red rhinestones, hemp twine, Stampin' dimensionals, Label Bracket Punch, Deco Labels Collection Framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment