Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chillin' in the bubbles

It's been forever since I've had a chance to participate in any of the challenges over at Splitcoast, but today's sketch challenge really appealed to me. I bought these cute little "Pure Innocence" digital stamps last week and this was just the sketch to use one of them.


 I have bought a few digital stamps, and although you don't have the pleasure of stamping the image yourself, there are a few advantages: they don't take up space in your closet (just your hard drive), the image comes out perfectly every time and most printer inks are pigment inks and work well with alcohol markers for coloring.

 
I used coordinating papers from the Sweet Pea Paper Pad (love this pack!) because the patterns reminded me of bubbles.  I lightly adhered the triangles to a 5-3/8" x 4-1/8" Whisper White piece, then machine stitched around the edge. I ran some ribbon down the middle, then overlaid the circle patterned piece.

I printed the image on Whisper White cardstock, colored with alcohol markers and cut out using an oval die on my Sizzix machine. You can't see it here, but I added some sparkle to the bubbles with a Spica glitter pen- so cute IRL! The greeting was computer generated and punched out with the small oval punch- it says it all- relax. I tied a little bow with a button and some hemp twine and added a few pearls to finish it off- done!

She turned out so cute, I'm going to have trouble giving this one away! The week's on the downswing- only two days to go!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable. Love the pearls in the corners. First time I've heard of digital stamps!

    ReplyDelete