Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spring Cleaning...

I spent the day spring cleaning in my stamp closet and there are lots of stamps that need good homes, so check out my "stamps for sale" page!

I have also been in the process of converting some of my favorite stamp sets to clear mount. This will help me save space and is a more comfortable way for me to stamp than wood blocks. Stampin' Up must have known that some of us would fall in love with the clear mount process and would want to convert our old sets, so they are selling empty clear mount cases to store them in.

The easiset way to convert these stamps is to adhere them to mount them on thin (1/16") cling foam (I like the Thin EZ Mount cling foam by Sunday International) which doesn't add much thickness to the original stamp. It's super easy for stamp sets that have never been mounted- just peel off the backing, adhere to the cling foam and cut the stamp out. If your stamps have already been mounted on wood blocks for awhile, I found the best method is to use a paint scraper to remover the stamp from the wood block, then adhere it to the cling foam and cut around the image.



I have created a set of blank inserts for the new SU clear mount set cases which you are welcome to download. It is a pdf image that will print out inserts for 2 cases in landscape orientation. Right click on the image below to save it to your computer and it should print out correctly.


You can use a labeler to generate the stamp names for the cases, or open the file in Photoshop and add the text before printing, as I have done on the example below. The finished dimensions of each insert are 5-1/2" wide by 6-3/4" tall, which will fit the case perfectly when you score the left edge at 1/4".


If the stamp set has not been mounted before, I adhere the stickers to the insert; if I am remounting it, I stamp the images on the insert before sliding it in the case. Supplies you will need for the conversion process: empty cases, thin EZ Mount cling foam, good scissors, Goo Gone adhesive remover, mindless TV, wine and patience!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment