Tuesday, December 7, 2010

CAS Season's Greetings...

I am finally finished with the grant I was writing and felt an enormous sense of relief when I clicked send yesterday afternoon- now I just need to dig out from all the things I put off while I was writing that-lol!

I have a quick CAS (clean and simple) holiday card to share with you today that we will be making at my class on Friday night. We have many friends/family who do not celebrate Christmas and try as I may, I never get Hanukkah cards out on time, so "Season's Greetings" it is!


 The card starts with a 5.5" Soft Suede square base (which requires 20 cents more postage, BTW...). The Very Vanilla panel was stamped with snowflakes from the Serene Snowflakes set in Soft Suede and Champagne Mist Glimmer Paint (so pretty IRL!). I heat set the shimmer paint with my heat tool, then tied a burgundy silk ribbon/bow around the snowflake layer before adhering it to the card base. "Season's Greetings" from the "Many Merry Messages" set was stamped in Soft Suede, cut with a Nestie oval die and layered onto Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede die cuts. All the Vanilla and Suede layers were sponged with the Suede ink- this defines the edges of the brown paper and softens the edges of the Vanilla paper.


The inside was finished just as simply with a stamped greeting, two snowflakes and some sponging. This card was not at all what I had in mind when I started, but I like the outcome so much (and the small time commitment required) that this may be the main Christmas/Holiday card I make this year.

Thanks for stopping by~

No comments:

Post a Comment