Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gift card hat...

Holy cow- it's only a little over a week until Christmas! Each year promise myself I am going to be more prepared than the previous year, but then I'm not. I finally got my tree decorated this weekend, I haven't even taken my holiday card picture (much less made the card) and haven't put any lights up outside other than the ones in the garland around the door.

The top of the list for this week is teacher gifts- most of them will get a small ornament but I like to give them a gift card or some money for all they do for our kids all year long. I saw a tutorial over at Splitcoast for these cute beanie cap gift card holders and decided to give them a try for my class last Friday.


These hats were made from the Holiday Thyme paper set from a few years back, with Cranberry Crisp as the contrast paper. I used the Circle Scissor to cut the 5" circles then cut them in half on my paper trimmer to form the top of the hat. A little faux stitching with a Uniball white gel pen, a hand cut felt tassle, some ribbon and rhinestones and the outside was finished. Note: I wrapped the rhinestone brad around the center of the bow and used it to hold the card together instead of an eyelet.

I stamped Merry Christmas from the "Christmas Greetings" set leaving a small space for a note. The gift card sits in this slot between the greeting and the hat band- too cute! Definitely try one of these- other than cutting the circle, they're super fast. If you don't have a circle cutter, find a plate to trace!

Hope you're all doing better on your lists than me~

No comments:

Post a Comment