Friday, November 15, 2013

Hope your day is Purrfect!

Ok, for those who still follow my blog, I am eternally grateful after all this time! Today was the first time I have actually put a stamp to ink in over a year- crazy! Three moves in one year, building a house, new jobs and a new hobby (running;)) have taken over my life for the past 2 years. Unfortunately a slipped disc (hence restricted from running for awhile) has given me the time to dust off my stamping supplies and get the mojo flowing again!

My son needed a birthday card for a sleepover tonight and definitely did not want anything too cute as a 5th grade boy! I dug through my unopened stamps and found this purrfect set called "Long Fellows".


The card base is 5.75" square, which is my favorite size for a card with a bigger image. The image was stamped on patterned paper and layered over stamped image (saved me time coloring and gave him some funky stripes;-))

  

I repeated the patterned paper on the inside of the card and re-stamped the cat with a birthday greeting. The greeting ended up a bit crooked, so it became an opportunity for embellishment with a hand drawn speech bubble made with a Copic Multiliner pen. My son thought it was the "cat's meow" and his friends all though he had the best card-score!

Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Howlstooth and Scaringbone DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Long Fellows, Made For You
Accessories: Basic black buttons, Orange stripe bakers twine, Copic Multiliner pen, glue dots, Stampin Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. She's back!!! Waited quite a while for this! So glad to see you stamping again, just wish it was with me :(
    Heidi, check your background template, it's overwriting your blog posts.:(

    ReplyDelete