Monday, November 25, 2013

Turtle love...

I realized that since I have not been doing much crafting in the past year or so that my card stash is seriously being depleted, especially for kid-friendly birthday cards! This cute set from Stampin' Up is perfect for not-so-girly cards, a genre which is very difficult for me since kid #1 was a verifiable girly-girl!


Since I'm not the most punctual person ( a major joke!), I figured having a belated birthday card in the stash was a good idea! The hexagon patterns work well with the little blocks on his shell and I love the color combination of green, blue and orange for a boy card.


The inside was finished with a hand cut strip of the hexagon patterned paper and just a peek of the turtle coming across. My son loved the word bubble on the last card, so I free-handed it with a Copic multi-liner pen.

I'll have another little friend swimming by tomorrow...

Hope your week is off to a good start!

Supplies:
Stamps: Long Fellows (Hostess set), Made for You
Paper: Soft Sky, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, "Epic Day This and That" Designer Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Accessories: Twine, button, Stampin' dimensionals, Honeycomb embossing folder, Big Shot die cut machine

No comments:

Post a Comment