Monday, January 25, 2010

Alternate Colors for Valentine's Day...

As I make Valentine's cards and treat containers, I do become a bit sick of red and pink (say it isn't so!)- kind of like eating too much cotton candy. To combat this over-sweet feeling, I turned to some alternate color combos for my cards.

I dug through my paper stash (which is embarrassingly large...) and found some Saffron and Not Quite Navy patterned paper from the Pawsitively Prints Designer Series which fit the bill. Now the wheels of creativity were in motion! I started with a Not Quite Navy card base and added a layer of Whisper White, which had been run through my Sizzix machine using the Finial Press embossing folder. I  layered the patterned paper onto a NQN rectangle, tied a bow with some sheer pinstriped ribbon and adhered it to the card front.



I stamped the heart from the "Love You Much" set in NQN, colored the flowers with Summer Sun and added some yellow rhinestones for a little glitz! The heart was layered onto two nested label shapes cut from NQN and So Saffron, and a few more rhinestones were added to round it out. The greeting was stamped in NQN, punched out using the Modern Label punch. I stamped the heart image again on a scrap, punched out a few flowers using the 1/2" circle punch and added rhinestone centers to these as well (if a little glitz is good, more is better right?!).

I may rework the greeting and give this one to hubby for his Valentine's card, although DD has been skulking around my craft room trying to steal it when I'm not looking for one of her "friends forever"!

Hope your week is off to a good start- I'm already counting down to the end of the month!

 




Supplies:
Stamps: Love You Much, Love Owl-ways
Paper: Not Quite Navy, So Saffron, Whisper White, Pawsitively Prints
Ink: NQN, So Saffron, Summer Sun marker
Accesories: Modern Label Punch, sheer pinstriped ribbon, Sizzx machine, nested label dies, rhinestones, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment