Thursday, January 14, 2010

Friends Forever...

I follow the weekly challenges over at Splitcoast, but I have been pretty lame about actually motivating myself to participate over the past year or so. For those of you who don't follow along, Splitcoast hosts challenges each day of the week and they inspire you to use certain layouts, color combinations, themes, etc to spark creative juices. I was inspired by several wonderful cards on last week's sketch challenge (SC262) so I decided to play along, even if I am a week late!

I had gotten some of the gorgeous new paper and ribbon from the new Stampin' Up Occasions Mini catalog and was in the mood for a girly card (heap on the pink!). I started by layering the Sending Love DP onto a larger Pretty In Pink rectangle. I added a Pretty In Pink rectangle which had been run through my Sizzix machine using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder then sponged with Pink ink to give it a nice texture. I added some silver brads for accent before adhering it to the background, then tied a bow with some of the new Vanilla satin ribbon.


I wanted a girly image for this card so who better than Elzybell?! The girls were stamped in black pigment ink then colored with alcohol markers. After the image was cut out with a nested label die, the background of the image was sponged lightly with pink while the die was still in place- this leaves a crisp white rim around the image after you remove the die. I layered the girls onto a red label shape and mounted them with dimensionals.

The last part was the upper left rectangle, which was made by layering a coordinating pattern from this paper pack onto Real Red. The greeting was stamped and punched out using the large oval punch, and layered onto the same size Red oval which I cut in half to fit underneath. A few red rhinestones for sparkle and then the whole thing was mounted onto a Vanilla card base using dimensionals.

Both patterns of paper have glitter on them, so this is defintely a pink, sparkly card IRL- my DD has already laid claim to this card for one of her "BFF"!

Have a great day- thank goodness it's almost Friday!

 




Supplies:
Stamps: Elzybell
Paper: Sending Love DP, Pretty In Pink, Real Red, Very Vanilla
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Pretty In Pink
Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot die cut machine, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Vanilla satin ribbon, silver brads, large oval punch, nested label dies, rhinestones







1 comment: