Monday, September 27, 2010

If the shoe fits...

Every Halloween I don this fabulous pumpkin colored sweater with hand crocheted bats around the collar and cuffs, a witch hat with a sequined pumpkin and black cat on the front and a black cape that my mom made me when I was a teenager. My kids asked recently why I always dress as a witch- I told them you need to go with what you know-lol! There was no disagreement, BTW...

When I saw this image from the "Wicked Cool" set I knew it was one I needed to add to my collection. Now I already have an insane number of Halloween stamps, and the worst part of it is I almost never get any of the cards I've made into the mail. Maybe this year...

This card started with a Rich Razzleberry card base onto which was layered Basic Black and the striped paper from the "Wicked Fun" designer series paper pack. I hand gathered a 10" strip of the Raven lace trim and adhered it to the green polka dotted paper strip with 1/4" Sticky Strip. The greeting was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and punched out with the Large oval punch.

I used Craft Basic Black to stamp the witch's shoes and embossed with clear EP, then colored with an Old Olive marker. The shoes and the Razzleberry layers underneath were cut out using nested dies on my Sizzix machine. Her hat was stamped in the Craft Black, but embossed with Iridescent Ice EP to give it some sparkle, then finished with Tangerine Tango for the brim. The hat was cut out and popped up on dimensionals and some rhinestones from the Black Flourish set accent the scallops of the background piece.

The inside was finished with a strip of the polka dotted paper and a spooky candelabra in the corner. The greeting was cut out with the Large oval punch, layered onto a Fancy tag die cut piece with a few of the black rhinestones added on the flourish for sparkle.

I love this card so much it probably won't make it into the mail either-lol!

Hope your Monday is painless~ praying that I get my computer back today....

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment