Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A little birdie told me...

I realized as I was frantically searching fro a birthday card this weekend that I am seriously low on girl and boy birthday cards. Now this is not to say that I don't have tons of cards that need stamps and a good home to go to (lots made, few sent...), but most of them are geared toward adults or are ones I am not giving up to a child who will promptly throw it away! My daughter's friends are a bit more discerning (and love to come play in my craft room) so I am willing to put a bit more effort into their cards.


I started with this cute flowered paper from Bo Bunny that's been sitting in my stash for awhile and added the polka dotted piece with ric rac for whimsy. This card was all out together, brads and all, waiting for a main image. I was trying to get away from using my favorite Pure Innocence stamps, and found these tree and bird stamps from my Unity February 2010 kit of the month. {The fact that I belong to a stamp kit of the month club is a sickness in itself- I tried to tell my husband that my stamping habit is cheaper than cocaine, but he's not sure about that-lol!}

The image was colored with markers before stamping and the buttons and brad were added to give the iamge some dimension. I couldn't find a greeting I liked, so Photoshop to the rescue!


The inside was finished with some of the same patterned papers, stiched around the edges and a computer generated greeting cut out on my Sizzix machine. One of Emily's friends has already laid claim to this as her birthday card, so I need to get moving to make some more!

An update on my mom: she is moving about a bit better and started PT yesterday at our house. I get to stay home this week to care for her, which is a blessing to be able to do, and I am sure will make me appreciate going to work more next week-lol!

Have a great day!







Supplies:
Stamps: Unity Kit of the Month- February 2010
Ink: Soft Suede, Almost Amethyst, Melon Mambo, Gable Green
Paper: Whisper White, Rose Red, Pretty In Pink, Almost Amethyst, Bo Bunny DP
Accessories: "Sending Love" brad, Button Bouquet, white ric rac, silver brads, 1-3/8" circle punch, Sizzx machine, nested dies

1 comment:

  1. this is so adorable, love the layout and the unity tree with the brad and buttons

    ReplyDelete