Wednesday, September 29, 2010

VIntage Halloween...

I finally got my baby out of the Apple Store hospital, complete with new hard drive, so I'm up and running again-yay! I've been an Apple user since about 1984, so not much surprises or impresses me at this point- except the Time Machine backup system. Now, my computer has been set to do the automatic backups to our Time Capsule and I haven't been 100% confident if there was really an issue that this would work out. Yesterday, however, I took the plunge and let it "restore" my entire computer from the backup- applications, settings- the whole deal. Results? It took a really long time, but when it rebooted, it was exactly where I left everything the day it died, down to my desktop picture and the web browser pages I had open- seriously amazing!

OK, onto stamping! This Friday is my monthly class so I am trying to make cards that are not too complicated and can easily be finished while we gab and eat, because that's a part part of the deal-lol! Restraining myself from lots of layers and embellishments is a major challenge- I have a hard time feeling like a card is finished without some extra bling!

This set called "Greeting Card Kids" was one of the few from the main Idea Book & Catalog that immediately grabbed my eye- I love the vintage feel and the cute, chubby little kids- too sweet! I dug through my Halloween paper for some not-so-scary looking paper to go along with her and found some perfect pieces from a retired pack called "Halloween Nights". I used some simple layers with silver brads in the corners to set them off.


I stamped the little girl witch in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored her with Copic markers to match the background papers. The image and the background layer were cut out using nested dies on my Sizzix machine.  A sheer dotted ribbon bow and a greeting from the retired "All Year Cheer" set finish it off.


The inside was finished simply with a bottom border and a leaf from the retired "Autumn Harvest" set- definitely an old favorite that will be converted to clear mount!

Have a wonderful day- enjoy the sunshine and beautiful weather if you're here in Houston- it's about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment