Saturday, September 11, 2010

Rest, Relax, Recover...

Why is it that it takes ten times longer to check out of a hospital than into one?? I spent 10 hours at the hospital yesterday trying to determine "if" my mom was going home, arranging all the pieces for her home care, then waiting 6 hours for the doctor to get out of surgery to sign her discharge orders-ugh! I don't think I like being on the patient side of things-lol!

This was the other card I made for my mom and her personal favorite. I used some of the last pieces of my Cosmo Cricket "Dutch Girl" paper that I have been hoarding (now that's love!) and paired it with Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze card stock form Stampin' Up. The base layers were stitched together on my sewing machine using a longer stitch length and heavy duty thread to make the stitches stand out. I layered some red ric rac over white organza ribbon- I like the way layering different ribbons look (and it helps justify my enormous stash-lol!).

Cuppie was colored with Copics, then cut out with nestie dies on my Sizzix machine. I think the coolest accent on this card are the little homemade buttons in each corner. They were made by punching out a little flower shape with one of the Bitty Punches which match the shapes of these little clear Bitty Buttons- so much easier to make coordinating buttons than layering shapes and covering with clear glue!

The inside was finished with a strip of patterned paper and the greeting cut out with an oval die, layered onto a label die cut.

I'm off to play nurse, physical therapist and cook (and hopefully sneak in some stamping time!)- have a great weekend!






Supplies:
Stamps: Doctor's Orders (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Riding Hood Red marker
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Whisper White (SU); Cosmo Cricket "Dutch Girl"
Accessories: Sizzix machine, Nestie dies, scalloped edge punch, Bitty Buttons, Bitty Punches, ric rac, white organza ribbon, sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. What a fun and beautiful card. Love all of the "goodies" on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable card. Isn't it nice that your mom enjoyed it too! I can sympathize with you and the long check-out process. Too bad hospitals don't take notes from hotels...they are more than happy to give you the boot - just as soon as they have your $$. =)

    ReplyDelete