Friday, October 1, 2010

Awash with flowers...

Woo-hoo it's Friday! I am absolutely ready for the weekend and it looks like we will finally have perfect weather (60/85 degrees with low humidity) after a very long summer! I am actually feeling motivated to get out in the garden to do some much needed clean-up and fall planting. In keeping with the sunny weather, I was in the mood for something bright and cheery and finally inked up this set, appropriately named "Awash with Flowers".

At each class I try to introduce new techniques to the group (and re-visit them for old-timers)- this card uses two-step stamping, masking and sponging. To give myself a sense of borders, I die cut my white shape before stamping- the new clear mount stamps make it much easier to position images! I first stamped the black outlines of the flowers, then stamped the "filling" for each flower. Each flower outline was then stamped onto computer paper and cut out to use as "masks". The mask is applied over the image with re-positionable adhesive- this allows you to layer images and protects it from stray marks or sponged colors. I left the masks in place while I stamped the flower stems and sponged the background with Marina Mist ink.

The Chocolate Chip card base was made layered with Whisper White, Daffodil Delight and pattered papers from the "Greenhouse Gala" set, separated by a strip of Poppy Parade ribbon. The image was layered onto a Marina Mist die cut shape and paired with a simple little greeting- I intentionally left the inside blank so I can use it for a birthday or other occasion as I need.

Tomorrow I will share another version of this card that showcases the "More is More" idea- more layers, more embellishments, more stuff- and you can decide which one is better!

Have a great weekend~

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card-- love all the colors. Makes me want to get out in the garden myself! :)

    ReplyDelete