Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thinking of you...

Hello Everyone! Just a quick post today to share a sympathy card I made for a friend lost her sister unexpectedly. I pulled this pretty paper from Cosmo Cricket out weeks ago and had a vague idea of what I wanted the card to look like. There it has sat gathering dust, awaiting some inspiration. The papers are so detailed and pretty that they seemed to compete with every image I tried.


Eventually I went with this beautiful background stamp from Unity Stamps and a word greeting from a retired SU set, All Year Cheer I. The filigree background was stamped in Cajun Craze and sponged liberally with Vintage Photo Distress ink. The greeting was stamped in Early Espresso, cut out with an oval Nestability and sponged with the same Distress ink. An Early Espresso satin ribbon bow with long tails and some copper brads finish it off.

The inside is finished simply with one of the other coordinating prints and plenty of space for a hand-written note. This layout would be pretty with holiday papers and a pretty embossed Christmas greeting. Hmmm, I feel another card coming on...

Hope you're having a good day~

No comments:

Post a Comment