Sunday, October 3, 2010

Feeling corky...

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to sneak in a quick post before I head outside to putter in the garden- it's such a beautiful day it is here in Houston- 85, sunny and low humidity- just gorgeous! It's been such a long summer (a good thing unless you live way down south, then it's just way too hot for way too long!) that we're glad to feel the cool off and be able to ride bikes and play outside again.

OK, onto my card for the day. I bought some cork sheets awhile back that have been sitting on my desk waiting for some Mojo and my monthly stamp class was the perfect excuse I needed to break them out. I was inspired by a card in the Idea Book & Catalog that used the "Pick a Petal" set and changed it up to suit my style.

The flower petals were stamped in Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip- I have to admit this set used to be hard to position, but after converting it to a clear mount set with thin EZ Mount cling foam, it is much easier to see where the petals will fall, so to speak! I am in the process of converting my favorite sets from wood to cling, but it's a slow process!

I stamped the open petal image on the cork sheets and cut them out with regular paper scissors- a bit thick, but soft so they cut easily. The rest of the card is CAS (clean and simple)- the edge of the Saffron paper punched with the scallop trim border punch and a greeting from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" set punched with the Word Window punch and layered onto a Modern Label punched from Saffron.

Hope you're having good weather where you are and get a chance to relax before the week starts!

Supplies:
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Cork sheets, Scallop Trim border punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch

1 comment:

  1. Darling card, Heidi. Not cool though to tease us with your warm weather report. I can't wait to move back South again (crossing my fingers that our next assignment will be further South). It was a whopping 46 degrees here this morning!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete