Monday, October 25, 2010

Arrgh Matey!

Good morning! It was a busy weekend as usual in the Karpen house- swim meet, Girl Scouts, homework projects- but I managed to sneak in some stamping time anyway:) As many of you know, I am a huge fan of digital stamps- they can be easily re-sized, colored digitally and, best of all, they don't take up any space in my stamp room! I indulged myself in a bunch of new digi stamps this weekend and I have some fun cards to share with you this week.

I need a boy birthday card for a party next weekend and thought this little mouse from Heather Ellis was so perfect- cute but not girl-ish (no sweet cards, mom!). I dug through my paper stash and found some bright paper from Scenic Route I've been hoarding (2006 purchase...) and paired it with some simple accessories- black velvet ric rac and silver brads- clearly no bows for this one, lol!


The little pirate mouse was colored with Copics- I had the worst trouble deciding on color combos for his hat and shirt and I'm still not sure that this works, but I am quite sure that the 8 year old boy who receives it will not notice! I colored the treasure with gold and red Spica glitter pens- they're so sparkly and shiny IRL- my son thought that was so cool!

The greeting on the front was computer generated and punched out with a Word Window punch. The inside is finished with some of the striped DP and a birthday stamp from Stampin' Up. This was super cute and fast (other than coloring 3 mice to get the right gray and best shirt/scarf combos-lol!).

Hope you're having a good start to your week~



3 comments:

  1. Very cute mouse guy and ric rac! In any case, I love all of your cards with ric rac on them... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and very sweet, Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little pirate mouse and the cute card design

    ReplyDelete