Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake!

I was cruising around Etsy last weekend when my daughter and I saw this cute digi bunny stamp from the artist, Zlatoena, and it was love at first site (or bite!). Now, if you've never been on Etsy you MUST go now! This is a site where people can sell anything handmade- unbelievably fabulous! I am not responsible for any obsessions with handmade jewelry, fabric or vintage pieces that occur as a result of this recommendation...


OK, onto my cute little friend! I printed the Birthday Rabbit on Whisper White card stock and colored him with Copic markers, pulling colors from the patterned paper. I wanted to keep the rabbit white, so followed the lead of others who have posted using this stamp and colored a halo around his ears so they stand out. I added sparkle to the cake stripes and candle flames with Spica glitter pens and made the icing shine by coating it with Crystal Effects glue- it makes the icing look so real my kids keep feeling it!


I had two random pieces of this pretty sparkle dot paper, which seemed perfect for a girlie birthday card, but no coordinating pieces.  Sizzix machine to the rescue!  I embossed a sheet of Cool Caribbean with an argyle embossing folder which makes a nice combo with the dots (I think that machine gets more use than my dishwasher-lol!). Each of the pieces was layered onto Early Espresso then onto a Pretty in Pink card base. A few silver brads, a double-tied bow and a computer generated greeting done!


Since kids don't tend to write a lot on the inside of a card, I used some more of the sparkly dot paper for the background and stamped a birthday greeting on a smaller inset. Darling daughter has requested this card for her birthday (which is not until May...) so I am sure this rabbit is going to see some use!

Hope my little rabbit made you smile and that you're having a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment