Thursday, October 7, 2010

Birthday Fairy...

Thank goodness it's Thursday! This means that the week is almost over and I have survived another birthday! For some reason this birthday hit me in a funny way and I was absolutely not enthusiastic about it. I turned down a fancy dinner with my hubby, didn't want cake- just generally cross all around. I ended up making a nice dinner at home (shrimp scampi with gelato and champagne for dessert- my kitchen is the best restaurant I know-lol!). I decided I needed to make myself a birthday card to cheer myself up!

I had borrowed a couple MFT stamps from a friend awhile back and stamped a whole bunch of images to keep in a stash for "later". I decided to pull out one of those cute Jolinne stamps- Fairy Sweet" for my card. The image was stamped in Memento "Tuxedo Black" on Whisper White card stock and colored with Copic markers. The polka dots on her leggings were made with a darker shade of purple to mimic the polka dot paper underneath.


Her wings were colored with a very light yellow-green, then colored with Versamarker and Iridescent Ice embossing powder to give them sparkle and shine! This close-up shows that either I need a Copic coloring class or she needs a die job-lol! The card was put together with a Perfect Plum 5-3/4" card base and patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Penny Lane Collection- so sparkly and fun!



The inside was finished with a birthday greeting and a coordinating mix of the patterned papers, scallop punched edges and stitching. All in all, a great card to give myself, although it will probably go to whoever is my daughter's next friend with a birthday:)

The best part about birthdays: they only come once a year and they beat the alternative!

No comments:

Post a Comment