Thursday, October 21, 2010

Droopy whiskers...

My very elderly aunt (93 years old) was just hospitalized last week and they are having trouble figuring out what's wrong with her (except, as she says, getting old and wearing out!). As the only physician in the family, this makes me nuts because I never really get the clear story and I have seen poor practice can be in outlying areas compared to major medical centers. All I can do from this far away is pray that she gets good care and support them by phone. Oh, and make a card!

My kids decided to "help" me make a card for her to cheer her up, so hopefully that explains the stamp and color choices of this card-lol! I started with the Wednesday sketch challenge over at Splitcoast  and this adorable "Mouse in the House" digital stamp from Heather Ellis.


My kids picked cotton candy sweet papers from the "Pawsitively Prints" collection from Stampin' Up, not my taste, but I went with it. I colored the mouse pretty simply because there is a lot going on in the patterned papers.

With a sketch, the rest goes together pretty easily- just plug papers into the right dimensions and you're good to go. I added a few extra layers and a punched edge to make it a bit more frilly-my aunt is a girlie-girl at heart (pink lipstick, pastel colors in her closet) so I am sure she will appreciate this! A  computer generated greeting and a layered button tied with hemp twine finish it off.

The inside is finished with some of the floral paper and a "get well" wish. Hopefully this will cheer her up a bit- she's a great, tough lady and I hope she's out and about soon!

Thanks for stopping by~

No comments:

Post a Comment