Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bubblicious!

Good morning! It's finally so nice to have a quiet Saturday morning with no where to go, nothing big on the agenda and nobody sick in the house anymore-yay!! On top of this, hubby and I got to go out for a date night last evening which makes this an even better start to the weekend:)

Onto my card for the day~ I purchased a bunch of digi images about a month ago and decided to take this adorable image from Michelle Perkett, aptly called "Cutie Patootie Birthday Mermaid", out for a spin.


Not a big stretch for those of you that know her, this image reminds me of Emily- sassy, sweet and swimming:) Her birthday is coming up fast so I might actually be ahead of the curve! I opened the image in Photoshop Elements, re-sized it to fit the space I wanted, then printed it on my Epson 3800. I usually heat set the image for a few seconds to make sure it's really dry before coloring with my Copics so there's no bleed from the image outline.


I used a color palette from this delicious MME paper set called "Dreamy 2"- I love this set so much I've been hoarding it for extra special cards-lol! I kept the layers and patterns pretty simple because I wanted the main image to stand out. I added some flowers cut out with the MFT flower die and a greeting from SU's "Teeny Tiny Wishes" punched out with the Curly Label punch.

The inside was finished with a computer generated greeting, some matching paper and more flowers with clear rhinestone centers- gotta have a little glitz on this girl's card:)

Hope you're having a relaxing weekend- I'm off to tackle my daughter's closet- I made need a search and rescue team to get me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment