Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Day...

Good morning! Hope you're all enjoying some nice weather where ever you are~ spring has certainly hit south Texas and everything here is starting to bud and leaf out!

The ladies over at CDAC (Center for Digital Art Center) have posted a Digi Freebie challenge and there are lots of great free digital stamps up for grabs from a variety of artists. I chose to use an image from a different challenge there which was to use two different prints/patterns in your card design and it included this free cute cupcake image!


I printed the cupcake on Whisper White card stock using my Epson 3800, heat set it for a few seconds  and colored it with Copics. I had picked my papers first, so I had a palette of colors to work with- there is nothing more annoying than getting an image colored and not being able to find paper to go with it! The image is layered onto a piece of Poppy Parade and Early Espresso cut with a nested scallop die.

 I used paper from My Mind's Eye "Just Dreamy 2" collection and pieced it together with straight and zig zag stitches. I used the "Unscripted Sketches" challenge as a guide for my patterned paper with my inspiration from The Spotted Hen's card "Here's To You".  I tied it all up with some wrinkled ribbon, a button from the new "Sweet Stitches" Big Designer Buttons collection and some baker's twine from the Twinery. The computer generated greeting was punched out with the "Curly Label" punch.


I used the same image on a smaller scale and at 50% opacity for the inside, along with a computer my own greeting- kinda ties the inside and outside together! A strip of the flowered paper (which qualifies it for the Crazy For Challenges- Use Flowers Challenge:) and some Poppy paper cut with the Open Scallop Border die from MFT and it was done!

Have a good day!

 




Supplies:
Stamps: Designed2Delight "Spring Cupcake"
Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Poppy Parade, MME- "Just Dreamy 2"
Accessories: Open Scallop Border die (MFT), Scalloped rectangles die (Spellbinders), Copic markers, wrinkled ribbon, Baker's twine, SU: Sizzix Big Shot, Curly Label punch, Big Designer Buttons, dimensionals





3 comments:

  1. Heidi, This is so adorable and yummy. I love what you did inside and out. Love those colors and that gorgeous ribbon. Thank you for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wOW! I love what you did with the inside too! :) I followed you over from the CDAC challenge. :)
    ~Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love that cupcake! Thanks for playing along at Catered Crop!

    ReplyDelete