Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Caught a bug??

I am finally rejoining the living after a horrid week with Influenza-yuck! My son and I were stricken on the last night of our ski trip (which made for a fun trip home from Colorado-not!) and have spent the better part of the last week with fever, cough, headache and generally feeling like we were beaten with a baseball bat:( Try to explain to the 8 year old why the shot I made him get last September didn't prevent this- he's feeling a bit gypped!


I was looking for a bug in a jar image to make him a "get well" card, but couldn't find exactly what I wanted (or what I thought this flu bug should look like) so I decided to draw my own. Now to be fair, I had a lot of inspiration from Anna Wight's bug and several others, but this one was completely hand drawn by me- no tracing, no cheating!


 I started with a pencil drawing on Whisper White CS, then outlined the image with my 0.3mm Copic multiliner when I had the image the way I wanted it. I scanned the original so I could resize it and print it again if I didn't like my coloring the first go round.

 I used Jen Del Muro's sketch from I {heart} Stamps and paper from a very old pack called "Rebecca". The little circles in the pattern remind me of what viruses "actually" look like- geeky, I know! The greeting was computer generated and accented with a red button and twine.


The inside says it all- "Feel better soon!!"  During the worst of it, my poor son just cried and asked "when is this gonna be over?!" Luckily he's on the mend now and feeling a bit back to himself and can find some humor in my little flu bug:)


Hope you're having a great day- I feel a nap coming on...

1 comment:

  1. Only you would create a card (and such a cute, creative card!!) when you were so deathly ill! The rest of us would be in bed dieing painfully! :)JB

    ReplyDelete