Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Clean and Simple (CAS) Christmas...

I have taken the lead from some other stamping divas to create some CAS (clean and simple) cards that don't require a lot of time or accessories for the holidays. I was so late in getting cards out last year (it was actually closer to New Years!) that I vowed not to get that behind this year.

This card is one we will be making at my stamp class on Friday night and I think it's simple elegance really belies it's simplicity. I stamped the Home for Christmas image in Memento Tuxedo Black: I like this black ink because it gives great detail and is truly black. The wreath was colored with Real Red marker to make it a focal point
in a relatively monochromatic card. The image was cut out using a deckled edge nested die and mounted on dimensionals to give it some perspective. The deckle edge seemed to work best with this image because it forgives the asymmetric angle this image seems to have.



I kept the colors simple with the Night & Day Designer Paper, Red, Black and White and tried to adhere to the principle of repeating elements/colors in groups of three for symmetry. I originally tied the wide red grosgrain ribbon with the silver cord, but realized it would look better with a black button to finish it off a bit, so a dig through my neighbor's button stash and I was done! Gotta love friends who save as many bits as I do! I repeated the same DP with red edge on the inside to make it a bit more formal and make the inside greeting stand out.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you Friday!


Heidi

Supplies:
Paper: Night & Day DP, Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red marker
Accessories: Wide Red grosgrain ribbon, Modern Label Punch, silver cord, Sizzix Big Shot machine, dimensionals (Stampin' Up); black button, deckle edge die

No comments:

Post a Comment