Monday, September 28, 2009

Falling leaves...

I love the new leaf set by Stampin' Up with it's delicate veins and details and have been anxious to get to something that approximates Fall to use it. It will still be awhile here in Houston before we feel the cooler breezes of fall (the rest of the country will likely be ensconced in full-blown winter by then!), but I like to fantasize that there is actually a change of seasons!

I wanted to keep this card relatively simple so that the detail of the leaves really stood out. I played with so many different inks and embossing powders to find the look I was searching for. In the end, I stamped the maple leaf in chocolate chip classic ink on the card background, then sponged the edges of the card to soften the look. I used the striped side of the DP which had a host of colors to choose from for the leaves and a wide ric rac that I found recently (I LOVE ric rac!)

I then stamped the maple leaf again in Chocolate Chip craft and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The oak leaf was stamped in Bermuda Bay, an odd color for a leaf, but it matched with the background paper so I went with it! A close second for the maple leaf in my trials was copper craft ink with copper embossing powder- love that shimmery copper look for leaves!

The greeting was stamped with Chocolate Chip Classic ink, cut out with a nesting die on my Sizzix machine and sponged to make it a bit more mellow. A few copper brads and it was ready to be mounted with dimensionals on the card front. The card felt like it was missing something, so I added a button tied with hemp twine over the leaves which I think finished it off.

Thanks for stopping by~ If you're coming to the class Friday, I will be posting the other cards we will be making in the class each day this week, so check it out!


Heidi


Supplies:
Paper:
Very Vanilla, Autumn Meadows

Ink:
Chocolate Chip Classic & Craft, Bermuda Bay

Accessories: Wide ric rac, double ended label die, Sizzix Machine, copper brads, clear embossing powder, heat tool, button, hemp twine, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment